About

I remember my first experience of using a SLR was about 10+ years ago. My father own a Nikon F3 with a Nikkor 24mm f2.8 prime, and a push-pull zoom-Nikkor 35-105mm. With his permission, I took the small dry box containing the gears from him and started playing with it photography. Still a student then, I learned about photography through the F3 manual, and seek advice from some of my friends who were also into photography. Taking photo is the best way to learn, but I do not have the luxury of experimenting too much since film isn't cheap, and developing a 36-shot row would cost around RM30 (I think) for 3R prints, not to mention not all shots are good. Eventually, I stopped due to cost, and my studies.

I was reintroduced back into photography about 3 years ago through a colleague. He also came from the film era, and were still shooting with his fully manual Nikon FM2 before getting his first DSLR, Nikon D70. While working on a project in Singapore, I bought my first DSLR, Nikon D70s. Soon, I rediscovered my passion that I've put on hold for 8 years, and are enjoying myself as I learn more each day about photography. I now uses Nikon D300 and a handful of lenses and other accessories.

I figured that it is about time for me to start a blog, so here I am! I will be putting some of the shots that I've taken so far. Some might be good, some might be mundane. But, the way I think about photography is not just about capturing something beautiful. It is more than that. It is a record of a moment, a moment in time, which has a story to tell. It is the story which gives each photograph a breath life and meaning. So, instead of posting a bunch of photos (like what I did in the past in my Flickr site), I want to write down the story behind each photo that I'm posting here, and what I think about them when I shot it. In addition, I will note down any interesting articles that I come across in the Internet for my future reference.

Comments

  1. Yo! Finally you setup your photography blog. Keep it going. Like that only got work to do :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We might didn't know each other at all. But coincidentally, I just happen to log into your blog when I searched the information for my Pulau Ketam trip with my nieces and nephew this coming weekend. You have done a good job in posting many excellent pictures that really had provoked my passions in learning photography.

    “Nice to meet you”

    - Wong Yew Kuan (woyeku@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. Glad my post helped you 10 years ago!

      Delete
  3. hey, just dropping by to say i enjoyed your photographs
    some really awed me i had to say "wah..."
    thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

gps4cam: Geotagging with your iPhone

LX5 vs LX3 mini comparison

Ryan & Pam Wedding